Total time 30min, +Chilling
Banana Cream Pie
- In a saucepan, combine the sugar, flour and salt. Gradually add the Silk while whisking gently.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture is bubbly. Keep stirring and cook for about 2 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and immediately whisk a small quantity of the hot mixture into the beaten egg yolks to temper them, then transfer the tempered yolks back to the saucepan, whisking constantly.
- Return to the heat and cook for 2 more minutes while stirring.
- Remove from heat, add the margarine (or butter) and vanilla, and stir until smooth.
- Arrange the sliced bananas on the bottom of the baked pie crust, then top with the pudding mixture.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours until thoroughly chilled.