Total time 20min, +Baking
Butternut Squash and Fennel Gratin
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Butter or oil a 13” x 9” (23 x 33 cm) casserole pan.
- Place a medium-sized skillet over medium-low heat. Add olive oil and cook fennel and onion until both are translucent, about 10 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook an additional 2 minutes.
- Stir in nutmeg, Silk and salt. Bring mixture to a boil and remove from heat.
- Chop 3 tablespoons of the reserved fennel fronds. Spread half of the squash in the bottom of prepared casserole pan. Top with half the fennel/onion mixture and half the fennel fronds, then lightly salt and pepper. Repeat, ending with the fennel/onion mixture and remaining chopped fronds. Salt and pepper again.
- Cover casserole with foil and place on a sheet pan in the middle of the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil, top with grated cheese and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before eating.