Total time 30mins, +Baking
Poor Man’s Pudding with Blueberries
- Prepare sauce
- Preheat oven at 180°C (350°F).
- Butter or spray a 2-litre Pyrex bread pan.
- Combine water, maple syrup and brown sugar in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and let simmer for 10 minutes, until sauce has slightly reduced.
- Set aside.
- Make dough
- In a large bowl, cream margarine and sugar.
- Add egg and vanilla and whisk until smooth.
- Add flour, baking powder and Silk, stirring just to combine. Do not over mix.
- Gently stir in blueberries.
- Assemble and bake
- Pour mixture into prepared pan.
- Pour sauce over the dough.
- Note: It is normal for the liquid to remain on top of the dough prior to final baking.
- Bake for approximately 35 minutes.