Total time 1h
Roasted Carrot Ginger Cashew Soup
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Place carrots and garlic on a baking sheet and toss with 2 Tbsp (30 ml) olive oil. Sprinkle of salt and pepper.
- Roast in preheated oven for 35-40 minutes, stirring occasionally, until carrots are tender and browned.
- Meanwhile, add onion and remaining 1 Tbsp (15 ml) olive oil to a large saucepan or Dutch oven and sauté until onion is golden brown.
- Add stock and ginger, turn heat to low and simmer until carrots are done roasting. Once carrots are roasted, add to stock mixture.
- Process soup in batches in a food processor or use an immersion blender, blending until soup is smooth.
- Return to pan and add Silk. Heat through.
- Pour into bowls and garnish with cashews and cilantro, if desired.