Total time 45mins
- Combine olive oil and butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Sauté chopped onion, carrots and celery until soft, about 8-10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with flour, salt and pepper and cook for another few minutes.
- Add vegetable broth and stir well, breaking up any lumps.
- Add remaining veggies, bay leaf and thyme, bringing to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook until veggies are soft, about 15 minutes.
- Uncover and remove bay leaf.
- Add Silk and vinegar, bring to a simmer and cook for another 5 minutes, until hot. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Ladle into bowls and top with cheese, if desired.